Thursday 12 July 2007

Wiped Out

I am so tired at the moment, haven't got any energy and am finding getting up in the morning increasingly difficult. This isn't helped by me having a really dull, uneventful month at the tables as I've hovered around 1-2k up for the last week. It's been difficult finding time to play as we've been busy with people visiting and things and my enthusiasm for work, poker, being awake is limited.

Quite simply I need a holiday, luckily there are only 9 days until we go and with any luck Euan and Caroline will be visiting this weekend and that should perk me up and make me concentrate on my game as Euan is currently learning so I'll be motivated to win (show off).

I'm finding it a struggle because of the vast amount of time I still have left in my job, it's under three months now but not by much and although I care enough to make sure everything gets done it's not where I want to be every day. Still when I return from holiday there will be 2 months left and the end will start to look closer than it currently does. Ideally I'll win a bit before holiday as my bankroll is depleting because I insist upon paying myself every week regardless of whether I've been winning. Bankroll is currently at 9k in my account 5k of which is profit but ideally I want my bankroll at 20k and that is a long way off especially as 2k will be withdrawn each week.

Playing poker is not as carefree an occupation as I'd like it to be especailly during times where big wins are not forthcoming. My win rate this month has been awfully low and i think a lot of that is to do with how tired I am, very difficult to play your absolute best when feeling exhausted.

Done whinging now

Steve

No comments: