Sunday 19 August 2007

Death of a computer

It's not been a good weekend for a wide variety of reasons - all outside of poker. Worst thing is that my computer has decided to fry itself on Saturday morning, I turned it on and it started to smoke - apparently (and I've asked the experts) that is not a good sign. So I've been forced into purchasing a new laptop. Luckily I was planning on doing this anyway as mine was 2 years old and has too small a screen for my needs. So I've had a look round and got a dell xps m1710 which has a 17 inch screen and should be extremely fast and reliable. Not the cheapest thing I've ever bought but as it will be the main item I use for work I think the expense is more than justified - Should be here on Tuesday at which time I shall have to get things like my poker tracker account switched over to it.

I'm going to see if I can claim on my house insurance through accidental spillage although I'm not convinced about what caused it, dunno much about how it works but it was a £600 computer so worth pursuing if I can claim.

Haven't played poker as my little brother has been here for the weekend and I've been pre-occupied with destroying him at Wii sports and retaining my champion status at pool as I decimated him 10-6 despite going 4-1 down. May play a tourny this evening and hopefully do better than last time (knocked out all in pre flop - KK vs AA) a high finish would be nice and I'm due a good run in a big tournament soon.

Steve

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two things I feel compelled to point out:

(1) Your pool victory was the result of obscene luck and generosity on my part, nothing more.

(2) How exactly does losing consistantly at bowling translate into you stuffing me at Wii Sports?