Friday 10 August 2007

Discipline is lacking

Maintaining discipline in my game seems to be eluding me at the moment, I don't feel that I'm playing particularly well since I came back and am letting some silly errors creep in to my game. I'm slightly down for the month after a bad evening yesterday, nothing critical but enough to be annoying.

For some reason I have huge amounts of self-doubt about my ability at the moment and I can't quite figure out why this is the case. I am a very consistent winning player, I have holes in my game and know in the main what I need to do to fix them (stop playing when tired) and yet becasue it's not going great I struggle to see where the next pot is coming from. It's only going to be a short term thing and I have bad runs on semi-regular occaisions as all players do but it's bothering me as I don't like not winning and I especially dislike playing bad. Because I'm leaving my job runs where I don't win much bother me much more as I seem to be trying to prove to myself that this should be relatively easy and that's simply never going to be the case. I know what I can win in a day/week/month and just need to focus on my play rather than short term results.

Unfortunately that is much easier said than done. Still I shall have a rest when I get home and then put in a big evening and hopefully make myself focus and win

Steve

August Profits -$600

No comments: