Saturday 25 August 2007

Thank god for winning

I have been strongly questionning my sanity over the past few days as I slipped back into minus figures for the month - I've been far too depressed by it to post but basically after my glorious night's play which resulted in a loss of $400 I played less well shall we say the following day and managed to throw away a fair amount over the past two days. Anyway I have been very close to having to drop stakes and I can't describe how much I don't want to have to do that - I will if neccessary but seriously it would hurt so much to be forced into that position.

However I have had a reasonable winning session this evening - have played from 12pm through to 7am which is not something I customarily do but it has been important for me not to lose during this session. I was about 1k down till around 5.30am and starting to pull it back around and then got involved in a couple of major pots, I've also had two huge suckouts against me this evening but I won the bigger ones so I feel ok about it. The play at this time is interesting to say the least. I got called down having reraised pre flop by a guy with AQ on a A high flop where I bet strong every street - took down a 2.1k pot. Then I won another big one and this felt good. It was my last hand on a table, short handed and I had AQ, flat called pre flop hoping to hit and be wel disguised. Well it couldn't have been much better K,J,10 giving me the straight. He bets and I raise big hoping to look like a flush draw. got called and when the turn came a blank I decided to massively overplay my hand and push all in - could easily be a flush/straight draw and may get called by some really weak hands. Anyway he thought long and hard about it before calling at which point I was praying for no pair and no flush to hit - board paired which I really didn't like and he flipped K6 for a weak top pair - I can only imagine the time played a factor in this decision. So I end the session nicely ahead and am back to about 1.5k up for the month.

I so badly need a good run for confidence as much as anything, here's hoping I can have a plus 2k day tomorrow and really get something going

Steve

August profit +1.5k


***** Hand History for Game 6269278533 *****
$1,000 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Sunday, August 26, 01:44:24 ET 2007
Table Table 128008 (No DP) (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: sofakelol ( $1,016 USD )
Seat 3: TiltyMonkey ( $2,641.29 USD )
Seat 4: sweetdjam ( $1,773 USD )
Seat 9: betandhope ( $1,075 USD )
Seat 5: Abraxas_ ( $1,000 USD )
Seat 6: m_zeal ( $1,000 USD )
TiltyMonkey posts small blind [$5 USD].
sweetdjam is sitting out
Abraxas_ is sitting out
sweetdjam has left the table.
m_zeal posts big blind [$10 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to TiltyMonkey [ Ah Qh ]
sofakelol raises [$30 USD]
TiltyMonkey calls [$25 USD]
m_zeal folds
** Dealing Flop ** [ Jc, Th, Kc ]
TiltyMonkey checks
sofakelol bets [$60 USD]
TiltyMonkey raises [$170 USD]
sofakelol calls [$110 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2s ]
TiltyMonkey is all-In [$2,441.29 USD]
sofakelol is all-In [$816 USD]
** Dealing River ** [ 2c ]
TiltyMonkey shows [ Ah, Qh ]a straight Ten to Ace.
sofakelol doesn't show [ Ks, 6s ]two pairs, Kings and Twos.
TiltyMonkey wins $1,625.29 USD from side pot #1 with a straight, Ten to Ace.
TiltyMonkey wins $2,041 USD from the main pot with a straight, Ten to Ace.
Abraxas_ has left the table.

No comments: