Monday 10 December 2007

Frustrating

I've been on some crazy tables this evening with a lot of bluffing going on, a lot of really marginal calls and usually this is a prime place for me to be as I bide my time, connect with the odd set and take some of them down. Sadly to do this you have to connect occasionally and I just didn't, every big pot I miss when I know that a stack will be coming my way should I connect - ended up a buy in down although it was worse than that for a time.

It's frustrating to see a couple of really poor plays and players getting paid off in a big way and being unable to capitalise at any point. You just can't call a $500 river bet with a straight when 4 hearts are on the board - your read has to be impeccable for this, yet I saw this happen...and pay off as the guy had bluffed the river - nice sized bluff, 60% of the pot, aggression beforehand and I really hate the call.

Same player who called got raised by the button, reraised and was then put all in for an extra $500 on $150 already committed - obvious call with A9 I hear you shout.. not to me, especially from an inactive button who has shown no bluffs but he had made a move with A2... makes you wonder it really does.

I feel like I'm playing well and have a reasonable read on the tables - if I didn't I'd be a lot more down as I made a lot back of one player through being able to predict where he'd bluff and check to let him fire at the pot.

Bed is calling as I got sucked into a longer session than Id anticipated - not a good day but not disasterous, there's always tomorrow

Steve

No comments: