Saturday 8 December 2007

Strange Day

I'm just over $800 up for the day and cannot remember a time where I hit more hands - top/middle set on the flop etc. I should be on the situations and way I've played be about $3-4k ahead, sadly my hands are repeatedly getting sucked out on - lost a 2k pot where I flopped 999 for top set with no draws on as I raised on flop to $260, raised all in on the turn and got called by 9T which had hit a flush draw and connected with the 7 outer on the river. Shocking is not quite the word. I was shaking with anger after that one as it was right at the start of a session and I hate being put in a position where I'm chasing due to my opponent being a moron who knows nothing about pot odds. Being offered 2:1 my chances are around 7:1 yeah I call.

Sigh, I've not been so happy with my play for a good long time as I am consistently making the right decisions to extract value - now all I need is for my hands to hold up, not asking much I feel.

I'm coming off again having got level as I'm irritated by not being miles ahead, I'll play some more later and hopefully win lots. I'd really like a big day and it should be today as I've been great. I was so incensed by this last one that I told him to go XXXX himself - I'm usually so restrained in the text too!


Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

these types of beats will not stop. i have found that maybe 10-20% of my sessions i don't get sucked out on and have a 5+ buyin day. hopefully you'll run better.

dave

Steve said...

I know, still despite how frustrating it is - these are the players who make us a living, if everyone played smart then it would be near to impossible to win consistently