Tuesday 4 September 2007

Bonus Whoring

It appears to be going somewhat better recently as my bankroll has increased from a low of $5,500 up to $14,000 in just over a week. It's nice to have a cushion with which to play as my attitude has improved markedly with each win. That said it's still nowhere near enough but I doubt I'll ever feel satisfied with how things have gone as I am constantly striving for more.

I have a $500 bonus from party to work off and have played for about 11 hours over the last two days in an effort to do so, am still over 1000 points off so probably somewhere around 6-7 hours play across 4-6 tables. I have to clear this by wednesday night so I have to play a lot for two days more. I've enjoyed the last two nights as I've settled in and played more than I usually would alongside work whilst maintaining a relaxed attitude. I should be able to clear my bonus (largest one party have ever given me) and then I'll have a day or two off to get my brain back to normal.

It is difficult to get enough play in due to work and it means that I'll do little else aside from work, eat, poker until wednesday but I just can't pass up a $500 bonus - it's probably doubling the amount I'm playing but as long as my sessions are still profitable and I'm playing well it's all good.

I've also been thinking about the home improvements which are still outstanding - despite great intentions we've still not fitted new doors but I think I'll get this done this month as I can get everything delivered and then I just need someone to come fit them and ensure I have nothing to do with any manual labour - a disaster waiting to happen!

Once those are done we have outside gates and a couple of other small amendments to make, I am actually going to get this done, no excuses this time and I'll chat to Nat about it later on so she can make all the important decisions such as what we actually buy, what we need, how it'll look etc.

Still 2 more days of wrecking my body through working 13 hours+ to go

Steve

No comments: