Sunday 30 September 2007

Statue Watch

I've had an up and down day as I chase my artwork and it has been relatively successful mainly due to the last 5 minutes. I've been running really poorly in 2-4pl omaha and took a couple of painful beats which knocked me back down beneath my goal total for buying stuff, so I decided to play a table of 5-10nl holdem as I was getting concerned that I may not make enough to buy anything.

This goes against my self imposed rules but I've not played for a while and felt quite confident so took a shot playing 3 tables. I chipped up early and then frittered most of it away so I quit to go back to omaha.

There were no 2-4 tables going so I decided to move into unchartered territory and play 10-20 with a minimum buy in looking to push all in at the first available opportunity with good cards. I played 2 tables of this for a $400 buy in. On table one I was in the big blind and had 227Q and the flop came 269 with two clubs so I obviously check raised all in and got action from 2 players making a $1150 pot - luckily the flush didn't hit and my 2's held winning a nice pot.

Then a minute later on the other table I had AA77 and checkraised all in pre flop - board cam with 2 Jacks but I made a flush on the river in a three way pot for a $923 pot. Not bad really I played 30 hands at this level and made a rapid $1300 profit - -wooooohooooooo

Anyway this means that I was able to cash out and now have $950 set aside for buying stuff with which should mean I can buy a couple of items I'm interested in.

Hopefully some good results tomorrow will mean another 500-600 and even more purchasing power.

I'm going to be happy now

Steve

No comments: