Monday 1 October 2007

Late Night, Early Morning

Hmmm, for some reason I'm inordinately tired today, could it be because I chose to go to bed at 5am. I'm beginning to think that has played a small factor. I hadn't intended to do this as I went to bed at 1.30am but I couldn't sleep and so I went and watched the baseball and played a bit more Omaha. Won another $400 so it was quite useful. Luckily as of next week it won't matter that I have days like this as I won't need to get up at 8.30am which is just ridiculous - it is no wonder I have massive highs and lows as I treat my body and sleeping patterns with absolutely 0 respect.

However I usually cope quite well with 1-2 nights of poor sleep so I'm sure it'll all be ok. Have got to ensure I'm well rested before Friday/Saturday as I'm out both nights - one for retirement and one for Mikey's 30th. Really looking forward to Mikes birthday as it's a huge fancy dress effort and I'll post some pictures on here of what people are going as. I won't mention who I'm going as in case Mike is reading but if you found out that the isotopes were moving to alberquerque then you too would consider 'what would jesus do'.

Think that's just about vague enough for Mike not to get the reference although a few people certainly would. Anyway it'll be a great night and I just hope I'm not too destroyed from the night before!

I'm going to try playing short stacked at omaha for a few days and see how results go - the only exception to this is at 1-2 as the play is terrible at this level and it is well worth playing with a full stack as people do call off their chips extremely light. My stats at 2-4 have dived by $1500 which is why I'm going to experiment with short stacked play, it started well last night but I may avoid 10-20 for a while until I have a slightly larger bankroll.

I have also opened an account with Full Tilt which has a huge array of games although they are almost all played at 6 max at higher stakes which is a shame for me as I like full ring. Don't know why this is the case but there are huge numbers of full ring 2-4 nl holdem games so I need to build my bankroll on there and try busting some yanks!!

Tired now, 45 minutes till home where I can sleep for a few hours

Steve

No comments: