Monday 15 October 2007

And that's how it is done

I have just had a cracking rush to end my evening winning a huge pot on 10-20 from starting with $400 I built up to $900 and was on my last hand on the table before cashing when I picked up KKXX and called the raise.. see below for how well this went


***** Hand History for Game 6416006605 *****
$2,000 USD PL Omaha - Monday, October 15, 19:16:41 ET 2007
Table Table 126466 (No DP) (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: SIVING ( $2,932 USD )
Seat 2: LUCKYCAII ( $1,802 USD )
Seat 3: Gaahhhh ( $5,346 USD )
Seat 5: Cid_Hw ( $2,294 USD )
Seat 7: Mejse70 ( $4,018 USD )
Seat 8: pochtallion ( $2,000 USD )
Seat 9: HittiLitti ( $1,580.50 USD )
Seat 10: sigminator11 ( $1,570.50 USD )
Seat 6: TiltyMonkey ( $966 USD )
Seat 4: Shrewder ( $1,974 USD )
LUCKYCAII posts small blind [$10 USD].
Gaahhhh posts big blind [$20 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to TiltyMonkey [ Kc Kh 5d 3h ]
Shrewder folds.
Cid_Hw folds.
TiltyMonkey calls [$20 USD]
Mejse70 folds.
pochtallion raises [$60 USD]
HittiLitti folds.
sigminator11 folds.
SIVING calls [$60 USD]
LUCKYCAII folds.
Gaahhhh folds.
TiltyMonkey calls [$40 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ts, 5h, Kd ]
TiltyMonkey checks.
pochtallion bets [$180 USD]
SIVING raises [$747 USD]
TiltyMonkey is all-In.
pochtallion folds.
SIVING calls [$159 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 8h ]
** Dealing River ** [ 5c ]
SIVING shows [ Tc, Qh, Th, 6d ]a full house, Tens full of Fives.
TiltyMonkey shows [ Kc, Kh, 5d, 3h ]a full house, Kings full of Fives.
TiltyMonkey wins $2,199 USD from the main pot with a full house, Kings full of Fives.

So basically when all the money went in I was facing 1 out or runner runner so was over 90% favourite for the hand. Great way to end the evening and means I've won about $3.6k today and am going to cash out for another 2k before going to bed - $6k cashed since turning pro 7 days ago, get in. This is the start I wanted and I'm really pleased with how it has begun.

This pot also more than made up for the fact that my shortstacking had been losing all day as I couldn't catch a break. Lovely how quickly it can turn around. I've won 2k in an hour which ain't bad going.

Work tomorrow which bites but it'll be a nice break in a way as I've played a lot today, must have put in a good 8 hours but at nearly $500 an hour today I think it may just about have been worth it.

One of the things I've noticed since playing omaha is that my concentration wavers less, and I think this is because my stack is likely to be ll in far more often and so the prospect of winning or losing large chunks in a short space of time is very much at the forefront of my mind at most times. Right I'm exhausted now I've stopped so shall be going for some well earned rest

Steve

No comments: