Monday 15 October 2007

Update

Right I'm aware that I've failed miserably to update over the last week but I have been busy adapting to my new lifestyle. Sadly in the first week I;ve had 2 days of what I would call proper poker as I was in work for 2 and at the black country museum with Nat's class on thursday which has all involved early nights and stupid early mornings. I did not quit my job to get up at 7am goddammit!

However it has been a good week with a wedding on Saturday and lots of sociable drinking and stuff. It doesn;t really feel like I've been a pro poker player and it's been a very slow start in terms of time to play and finding some sort of routine.

Despite the lack of much play I have won about $6k in 8 days where I've had 3 days of play so it is going extremely well.I have cashed out twice for $2k so regardless of how the rest of the month goes I am going ot be no worse off than if I was still in my job so that's really pleasing. Therefore I have averted the first major panic I may have had by getting off to a losing start.

I've been focussing on omaha and have barely played nl holdem at all so all my profits have come from that and looking over my stats I've played omaha for 3 weeks and won nearly $13k so I can't be too bad at it! My game seems to hold up pretty well as both a short and big stack and I've ventured into the 5-10 game as a full stack a few times and done ok. My shortstack game is still the best and most profitable but I think my game overall is improving and I tend to get my money in good and also pull off some fine bluffs.

I shall try to update more each day and start posting hands from omaha for analysis.

Steve

No comments: