Saturday 20 October 2007

Rugby and Alcohol

OK, so I played a bit today despite the majority of the time being spent in the pub. Coming off a loss I always like to bounce back with a victory of some sort and I was playing 2-4 and 1-2 pl omaha. The main reason for this was because these were the highest games going at the time I logged on. So obviously I crushed them - Hmmm not quite true, I quickly dropped $1k through some tough beats and also soem horribly loose play from me.

Having lost a bit more I obviously decided that some short handed 5-10 was the answer. Now I am by no means expert at this form of the game but I like to think I hold my own and can exploit the overaggression of others during this format. So I played fairly passive alongside the aggressive player to my right and quickly dropped $300. Despite this I was confident I could take him out and would come out ahead, I proceeded to make a couple of all inbluffs with marginal hands to build up to $1300 and then continued my solid play to more thn double up from my original $1K, So despite the earlier losses I ended up $1.2k up for the day, almost irradicating my losses from friday and making me feel very confident again.

Anyway, sucky loss for England but lets face it we'd have taken this as a result from the world cup so I'm not really complaining. The boys did us proud and South Africa were worthy winners. I'm very drunk right now so I apologise for any typing errors and so on. Bed is calling as poker seems like a terribly negative idea rght now.

I have just been reminded by my delightful 'friend' Caroline that I have come from this evening with a minor injury. She decided that it would be wise to bite my shoulder as this is clearly an appropriate act during a world cup final. Thanks Caroline, obviously I am delighted to offer you a bed for this evening and will not be elbow dropping you during the night!

I have a huge bite mark on my shoulder and I am being told that it is "barely a bite mark" (Caroline Short 2007) She is wrong and is semi retarted although I am being kind right now. She is now promising to bite me more often, I think she wants me, she wants me hard and she wants me fast, oooh yeah.

Caroline is now laughing but I'm not sure whether it is because she finds this amusing or because she knows her boyfriend reads my blog and will get beaten up when he tries to kick my arse.


Steve

No comments: