Monday 22 October 2007

Long Sucky Session and Late Night Trash TV

Still not got around to writing the second part of my previous article as I've not really been in the mood to blog. Don't really know why but I've felt fairly distracted so haven't yet taken the time to think through what I want to put.

I've had a really weird day where I don't think I've played at my best for a large part of it. Playing a little looser than I'd like and then I found myself stuck $3.2k which was not really what I'd envisaged when I got up this morning. Because of being stuck this much I've definitely over-played and probably put in 10+ hours today.

I always have this when I get stuck as I hate leaving the tables and certainly don't want to finish the day with that result. Anyway I did a pretty good job of getting unstuck and ended up about $650 down for the day which all in all is quite good. In many ways it is more satisfying getting unstuck than it is winning in the first place as it takes a great deal of resolve and tilt avoidance so I'm pleased with how I've handled that today.

It's now 2am and I've just got out of bed as I'm not having much success at dropping off, wouldn't normally matter but I've got to be up before 9am so it's by no means ideal. I feel a bit jaded because of the time I've put in today, not done anything else which is not part of how I'm meant to be conducting myself but I shan't be playing till Friday now so I can kind of justify it to myself.

I've got the TV on in the background and something called "street cred sudoku" has just come on. What on earth is the world coming to and how in god's name is something like that meant to be entertaining? I'm almost tempted to watch just to see how bad this is. I do wonder how shows like this come into fruition, perhaps the conversations go like this

"Oooh look there's a bandwagon, shall we leap on to it?"

"Hmmmm yes, seems like a good idea, maybe we can make a crap panel show out of it."

"But do you not suppose that people will pick up on the fact that the show has bugger all to do with Sudoku and is in fact a crass attempt to piggyback onto a strangely popular example of the modern zeitgeist"

"No, we'll put it on late and anyway people are stupid, ha ha ha ha ha"

I don't think that's too far wide of the mark and has got me wondering what other horrendous examples of modern culture I'll be exposed to through late night tv - have already encountered live roulette and I still don't understand the appeal of that one.

Right I need sleep and am probably waffling so best to finish here I think

Steve

No comments: