Thursday 25 October 2007

Some Hand Histories

As I've not been posting as many hands as I probably should I thought I'd post a few interesting ones from the last few days and discuss them. I've also used a site to display them in a better format. Let me know if you prefer them like this or the hand history posted in full within the blog! Hand histories posted above analysis

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1627592

Having been away for a couple of days I got back this afternoon and this was the first big hand of the day, quite weird as I make a fairly standard play as I flop 2 pair, straight and nut flush draw and decide to be aggressive and lead out, am called on the flop and then raised on the turn. No way I can drop to the big reraise as I have huge outs and am possibly still ahead so I went all in. This cost the guy $30 more to call in a $2300 pot and he (much to my delight) folded and then left. Really weird and he must have been bluffing with 0 outs, however how can you drop this, if I have gone a bit crazy and gone all in with nothing but a nut flush draw he could win by pairing - so bizzare and it wasn't like he got disconnected.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1627614

Next up is a standard(ish) play against a mid stack, he raises pre and gets 2 callers so I raise pot with AAxx to hopefully get rid of the other 2, if they call this is not a good situation as I will probably have to lay the hand down if it's not a good flop. Desired result happens and by this stage I am not going to get shoved off this hand regardless of what flops. He shoves I call and win a big pot which without the preflop reraise I almost certainly fold on the flop! It is noticeable that in these situations when the opponent pushes rather than letting you bet it is very likely that the AA is ahead as otherwise they tend to make sure that you bet and get committed to the pot.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1627623

Last one I'm posting for now is just to show the value of rundown hands, I call preflop with 789T single suited and get a fine flop giving me a wrap, rather than raising I decided to just call while it was cheap and flopped the 9 for a straight on the turn. The other fella has hit two pair and foolishly decides that I don't have the straight and calls my all in. These sort of hands can pay off extremely well against certain opponents as they fail to realise quite how vulnerable the two pair which they hold is.

That's it for now, do let me know if this is a better format for viewing as I will change things depending on comments if somone has improvements which could be made.

cheers

Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i almost can not believe that at this level there are still guys calling 3x potsize with a 6 outer for the river card. Obviously you are making a fine play overall, but how do you value the competition? First two hands are pretty standard, the third makes me think there is a lot of easy money out there if you know how to play your game.gl at the tables, miro.

Steve said...

I can see your point but although I don't like the play by my opponent one bit it is somehting which is not that uncommon especially by players with mid stacks. I think there is a high level of bluffing at these stakes and I have made similar calls when I thought my opponent was being tricky. However you really need a good read on your opponent to do this and I think on this occasion it wasn't a particularly thought though play by my opponent

Steve