Wednesday 3 October 2007

Low Stakes Looseness

Last night went reaonably well, made about $400 although it could have been a lot more as I suffered a nasty beat for $1100 at omaha, however the most entertainment was had from dropping down to the high paced world of 0.02-0.04 low stakes to play with Euan.

It truly is a different world and as I couldn't care less about a $5 buy in I can just enjoy myself and literally play every hand. Doing this and then betting pot on every flop which was checked to me is not exactly an optimal strategy but it sure is fun. And people are so goddam stupid at that level, you have a player seeing every hand bluffing every flop and they decide to leave the table - crazy, I'm there to give my money away and they don't want to play with me. With a mentality like that where they can't see a golden opportunity none of the players who left the table are ever going to progress, if you get a muppet at your table you bleed him dry, you don't leave because he keeps betting with no regard for position, cards etc.

I just don't understand it, I'd love someone to play 5-10nl like this as you wait for a hand and then double through them, it's really not rocket science. Anyway I had lots of fun and it's amazing how often people throw hands away which is always interesting as it goes against my regular style in every way.

Some more omaha tonight I think and I may even give 5-10nl another go and see how my mentality is at those stakes. Played a bit last night and felt good so hopefully it'll be more like that. However I'm not feeling the most healthy at the moment and am somewhat lacking in concentration so I will see how I feel later.

2.5 days of work to go, professional poker awaits.

Steve

No comments: