Friday 26 October 2007

Work goes bye bye

I now never have to go back in to work again, have finished handing over my job and so I can now fully concentrate on poker. It's been slightly weird over the last 3 weeks as although I've not been working full time the two days a week I have been in have severely disrupted my schedule. It's hard work going from getting up at midday to having to get up before 9am and has meant that I've not been able to fully focus.

However that is now gone so we should start to see what sort of figures I can theoretically put up each month. November is going to be interesting! I'm not honestly sure what sort of money I expect to make, when I quit my focus was to try to get to about $20k a month on average. Now I've switched to omaha I really don't know what I expect to make, I still haven't moved into the biggest game which I will do soonish I think and that will obviously have an impact on my profits.

Although I've suffered some swings so far none have been severe and I've experienced a very solid upslope. Obviously I have no way of knowing whether my current win rate of somewhere around 20BB per 100 hands is my level or if I am just running hot. So really I'm reduced to guesswork when trying to workout my earning potential. I think I could make $30k plus a month if not more BUT I don't know this, my omaha career is still very much in its infancy and I really am just projecting figures which I'd like to be hitting. In three weeks I've made over $20k and that is with huge numbers of days off and distractions.

I'm tired and am rambling so I shall stop here, I'll try to post something a bit more coherent later

Steve

No comments: