Tuesday 26 June 2007

Back 2 Good

Only writing my blog title like a fool as I've been listening to matchbox 20 and the song title kind of sums up my feelings about how it's been going today. Didn't seem to get outdrawn much got into a couple of big pots and have resurrected my profits to over 16k for the month which feels superb as it means that I have recovered almost all my losses from recently. All my confidence has come back over the last few days and I think this recent run has done my mentality a lot of good.

I quite like the fact that my brother and one of my friends are playing more at lower stakes as it gives me people to chat too about progress and I think that is the one thing I really lack - someone who properly understands the game to talk through hands and stuff with, however with any luck Mr Clubbs and his pittance game poker will become good as it's cool to be able to help (try to anyway) with someone's progress.

Couple of hands below and some analysis for those who wish to read it!

$1,000 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, June 26, 17:00:47 ET 2007
Table Table 128013 (No DP) (Real Money)
Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: CLICK_888 ( $1,734 USD )
Seat 2: Force0070 ( $1,086.50 USD )
Seat 7: TiltyMonkey ( $1,204 USD )
Seat 9: benkot ( $910 USD )
Seat 8: Pokerbus21 ( $943.25 USD )
Seat 5: BulldogDavor ( $185 USD )
Seat 3: Push_you_out ( $1,183.82 USD )
Seat 6: sanuk247 ( $366.43 USD )
Seat 10: aDiZZya ( $854 USD )
Seat 4: MyLastMoney ( $247 USD )
Pokerbus21 posts small blind [$5 USD].
benkot posts big blind [$10 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to TiltyMonkey [ As Js ]
aDiZZya calls [$10 USD]
CLICK_888 folds
Force0070 folds
Push_you_out folds
MyLastMoney folds
BulldogDavor folds
sanuk247 folds
TiltyMonkey raises [$40 USD]
Pokerbus21 folds
benkot folds
aDiZZya calls [$30 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 7c, Jd, 7s ]
aDiZZya bets [$60 USD]
TiltyMonkey raises [$120 USD]
aDiZZya calls [$60 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6h ]
aDiZZya checks
TiltyMonkey bets [$150 USD]
aDiZZya calls [$150 USD]
** Dealing River ** [ Ks ]
aDiZZya checks
TiltyMonkey checks
aDiZZya shows [ 6d, 9d ]two pairs, Sevens and Sixes.
TiltyMonkey shows [ As, Js ]two pairs, Jacks and Sevens.
TiltyMonkey wins $632 USD from the main pot with two pairs, Jacks and Sevens.


I have raised in late position and understand the defence of the blinds with any 2 cards although if he watched my game he wouldn't have bothered - I almost always have something when I raise. His bet on the flop where he has air is actually a good play as I may well credit him with a lot more than he has especially if I miss. However I have top pair and don't believe he's have bet a 7. I repop it and for reasons unknown he decided to call with 9 high no draws - very very odd play against me and unless he's calling to bluff on a later street this is just horrible. Turn comes a 6 giving him bottom pair and he calls off another $150 which is again a poor bit of play as if I have the J or an overpair he has 2 outs and must know he's behind. He checks the river and as I don't know where I am I check too and am shocked to see 9,6. Still nice pot and I'd hope he was disgusted with how he played this as he called off a lot to see the river.

$1,000 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, June 26, 17:02:31 ET 2007
Table Table 128008 (No DP) (Real Money)
Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 9: JoeyFBaby ( $2,394.36 USD )
Seat 7: TiltyMonkey ( $792 USD )
Seat 1: Xharris ( $2,097.73 USD )
Seat 4: Super_Rookie ( $1,245.35 USD )
Seat 8: mukl333 ( $175 USD )
Seat 10: CLICK_888 ( $950 USD )
Seat 3: Push_you_out ( $969.25 USD )
Seat 5: neutron_ ( $996 USD )
Seat 2: mamat6666 ( $434 USD )
Seat 6: BulldogDavor ( $175 USD )
mukl333 posts small blind [$5 USD].
JoeyFBaby posts big blind [$10 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to TiltyMonkey [ As Ac ]
CLICK_888 calls [$10 USD]
Xharris calls [$10 USD]
mamat6666 calls [$10 USD]
Push_you_out folds
Super_Rookie folds
neutron_ folds
BulldogDavor folds
TiltyMonkey raises [$70 USD]
mukl333 folds
JoeyFBaby folds
CLICK_888 calls [$60 USD]
Xharris calls [$60 USD]
mamat6666 folds
** Dealing Flop ** [ 2d, 5h, 6s ]
CLICK_888 checks
Xharris bets [$90 USD]
TiltyMonkey raises [$275 USD]
CLICK_888 is all-In [$880 USD]
Xharris folds
TiltyMonkey is all-In [$447 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 9d ]
** Dealing River ** [ Th ]
TiltyMonkey shows [ As, Ac ]a pair of Aces.
CLICK_888 shows [ Ks, Kh ]a pair of Kings.
CLICK_888 wins $158 USD from side pot #1 with a pair of Kings.
TiltyMonkey wins $1,766 USD from the main pot with a pair of Aces.

I pick up AA on the button which is always a nice place to have it as you can represent a standard button raise or steal and get more action than may otherwise happen. Anyway it's a multiway limpfest round to me so I decide to overraise to $70 as I think I may well get some action on this bet. Get two callers and when the flop comes 2,5,6 I realise that I am not going to get away from this hand especially to the original caller who is CLICK. Too many overpairs etc for me to be able to drop my hand to a raise. I bet it strongly to try to commit someones entire stack and CLICK (who is my bitch) duely obliges. I don't blame him for this play at all and don't really see how he can get away from this hand where he must think he's ahead. I call and we get AA vs KK for a $1766 pot which I think we both played fine but sadly for him I had better cards.

CLICK has had some huge losses to me with set over set and things, think I'm about 5-6k up on him in total which is ridiculous. It's not generally been that he's played badly I just seem to be his bogey player - he's the one I took 2k off in one hand which was also AA vs KK. If I was him I just wouldn't get involved in any pots I was in.

Boosh then bed methinks

Steve

June Profit $16,305

No comments: