Tuesday 12 June 2007

Back to Work Tomorrow

Well my gambling leave from work is over so it's back to the office tomorrow and havign to try to fit some time in during the evening to play. It's been another good day - not as good as I'd like and I am still waiting for a significantly positive day - think my best so far has been + 4K and I'd like somewhere above 5k to become a regular occurance. Don't think there's any reason why this shouldn't happen at least once this month so hopefully it happens soon.

I've enjoyed not being in work for a couple of days and being able to focus a bit more - sadly my sleep patterns haven't helped with this as I still wake up early so have been slightly zombified which isn't likely to help matter much. Lower volume today so not much to talk about - first hand of the day I was dealt A's against kings so an immediate $600 up which is always a positive way to ease into a session!

One other big hand on the day which is detailed below and shows a fine reason to bet your hand rather than slowplaying - personally I would have folded his hand to my bet on the river but that's why I win and he's a donkey

**** Hand History for Game 6056082551 *****
$1,000 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, June 12, 14:06:13 ET 2007
Table Table 126855 (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 2: CLICK_888 ( $1,067 USD )
Seat 3: wolfoishere ( $908 USD )
Seat 5: nail29 ( $2,062.58 USD )
Seat 9: wiskyy ( $943.75 USD )
Seat 10: IdiTy ( $529.50 USD )
Seat 1: webers81 ( $955.50 USD )
Seat 8: Pokerbus21 ( $912 USD )
Seat 4: lombardo11 ( $418.16 USD )
Seat 7: csae7629 ( $439.28 USD )
Seat 6: cua20002000 ( $975 USD )
csae7629 posts small blind [$5 USD].
Pokerbus21 posts big blind [$10 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to webers81 [ 5c 5h ]
wiskyy calls [$10 USD]
webers81 calls [$10 USD]
CLICK_888 folds
wolfoishere folds
lombardo11 calls [$10 USD]
nail29 folds
cua20002000 folds
csae7629 calls [$5 USD]
Pokerbus21 checks
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qc, 2d, 2s ]
csae7629 checks
Pokerbus21 checks
wiskyy checks
webers81 checks
lombardo11 checks
** Dealing Turn ** [ 5d ]
csae7629 checks
Pokerbus21 checks
wiskyy checks
webers81 bets [$47.50 USD]
lombardo11 folds
csae7629 folds
Pokerbus21 folds
wiskyy raises [$95 USD]
webers81 raises [$162.50 USD]
wiskyy calls [$115 USD]
** Dealing River ** [ 6h ]
wiskyy checks
webers81 is all-In [$735.50 USD]
wiskyy is all-In [$723.75 USD]
wiskyy shows [ Ac, 2c ]three of a kind, Twos.
webers81 shows [ 5c, 5h ]a full house, Fives full of Twos.
webers81 wins $11.75 USD from side pot #1 with a full house, Fives full of Twos.
webers81 wins $1,914.50 USD from the main pot with a full house, Fives full of Twos.


I would have thrown my hand away had anyone bet the flop - the turn bought the dream 5 at which point I was just praying somebody had slowplayed the 2 and was going to pay off big. To be honest I should have reraised more on the turn as I gave him an easy way out on the river but it worked out ok. When betting the river I knew I was ahead unless he had 22 or QQ and that was pretty unlikely (I was certain he had a strong 2 maybe a boat) My all in bet on the river may look like overkill but two things lead me to doing this - 1st I know he's one of the worst players at this level so is unable to get away from big hands. 2nd an all in looks more like a desperate bluff to get rid of him so he may decide to make the 'hero' call. Quite simply I got lucky to hit the 5 but he got stupid to lose an entire stack on his hand of A2. If he were to suddenly grow gills, live underwater and be known affectionately as 'Goldie' he couldn't be more of a fish.

The all in over bet on the river is something I like to use - usually the important thing is to get them pot comitted on the turn (I failed to do this here) as you'd be surprised what junk you do get called with in situations like this. That said a lot of players use it as a bluff so it's really all about observation and analysing the hand especially when considering the call.

I'm going to try and fail to get to sleep now so I'll be grumpy and unresponsive at work - no real change, it's way too hot at the moment and when you tend to suffer with insomnia like I do it makes for a fine recipe to ensure no relaxing sleep. Ah well - back to the tables tomorrow

Steve


Monthly Profit $15,140

No comments: