Saturday 9 June 2007

Bad Day

Sometimes this game is really painful to play - got outdrawn for a $2000 pot with KK against top pair and a flush draw and proceeded to donk away lots more cash during the evening. Was really too tired to play but Friday night is meant to be a big evening when I play as I don't have work in the morning. Was unable to convince myself to just go to bed whilst behind and started making bad decisions. Unfortunately dropping $2.5k in an evening impacts my decisions beyond that as I have a habit of becoming slightly less aggresive afterwards and this will obviously impact on my profitability for a couple of days afterwards.

I've improved over time but I really don't like losing and do sometimes let it get to me. I need to remind myself of recent performances and despite losses last night it only wiped out what i won the day before - It just always feels more significant when it is a loss I guess.

I've also found that having support from my girlfriend helps keep things in perspective and I find it easier not to dwell on losses when she is here - sadly she's away this weekend so I'm somewhat prone to being maudlin about recent events!!

Steve

No comments: