Wednesday 13 June 2007

Too Hot

The weather is stopping me sleeping consequently I got up at 1am last night and played for an hour as I just wasn't going to sleep. It seemed to be a good time to play as the tables were ridiculously loose and I won $1500 in an hour. Sadly that form has not continued over to today and it seems that whatever I do I'm getting beat. Have been dealt a number of good hands and failed to get paid on any of them and all of the marginal ones have seen me lose or raised off the pot. Irritating and I felt myself going on tilt which should really have cost me another $600 but I sucked out on the river hitting a set to trump the two pair. Don't feel I've played badly this evening but I'm tired and that makes me more prone to getting irritated by losing which is never good, playing detatched from results is far preferable.

Only one hand history from last night and my analysis of the horrible, horrible play by my opponent compared to the brilliant all inspiring play by me!!


***** Hand History for Game 6057380152 *****
$1,000 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, June 12, 20:32:59 ET 2007
Table Table 126366 (No DP) (Real Money)
Seat 8 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: JelsinKirriu ( $1,234 USD )
Seat 3: melilfishy ( $1,024.50 USD )
Seat 4: Pilipinen ( $914.75 USD )
Seat 6: omalos ( $815 USD )
Seat 7: Raoh_ ( $382 USD )
Seat 8: ricecakes_88 ( $1,050 USD )
Seat 9: Raul_Oliv ( $904.75 USD )
Seat 10: jiw440 ( $1,623.75 USD )
Seat 2: jakhamma__ ( $1,000 USD )
Seat 5: webers81 ( $960 USD )
Raul_Oliv posts small blind [$5 USD].
jiw440 posts big blind [$10 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to webers81 [ Ac As ]
JelsinKirriu folds
melilfishy folds
Pilipinen folds
webers81 raises [$40 USD]
omalos folds
Raoh_ folds
ricecakes_88 folds
Raul_Oliv calls [$35 USD]
jiw440 raises [$207.91 USD]
webers81 is all-In [$920 USD]
Raul_Oliv folds
jiw440 calls [$742.09 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4h, Qh, 3d ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2s ]
** Dealing River ** [ 2d ]
jiw440 shows [ Kd, Ah ]a pair of Twos.
webers81 shows [ Ac, As ]two pairs, Aces and Twos.
webers81 wins $1,957 USD from the main pot with two pairs, Aces and Twos.


Well this one surprised me, made a standard raise with AA called by one and then a ridiculously large raise to over $200. Having only $1000 at the table I decided that there was no point trying to be cute and just calling as I'd be happy with the pot right there and disgusted if he outflopped me and I hadn't raised. So I decided all in looked weaker than a normal raise and shoved the pot. When he called instantly I assumed a KK was what would be turned but no, he had decided that AK was well worth the $1000 preflop gamble - I just don't understand this call. If I had QQ or below he's ok but he can't genuinely believe that I don't have KK or AA. It's just a stupid call, he overraised originally and should be good enough to get away from AK preflop, if he can't he's going to lose stacks playing it like it's the nuts.

Told you it was all inspiring play by me - I had AA and raised all in, wow am I a complex tricky player ;-)

Steve


Monthly Profit - $15,784

1 comment:

munki said...

Heh, I thought this was funny because on of the articles I read yesterday was on how people massively overestimate the value of AK. Looks like it's true :)