Saturday 23 June 2007

Recovery continues

Well it's definitely going better but I'm still running like both my legs are broken and I'm strapped to a chair, people keep hitting miracle cards against me - I know it's going to happen every so often and I could give some exact percentages, but at the moment everything is hitting against me. When you reraise by three times the bet pre-flop with KK and someone calls with 3,5 suited and hits a 2,4,6 flop it is very fucking hard to put them on that hand. I play a very tight game and am aware of what people may have but all the idiots seem to be crucifying me at the moment. I'm finding it so hard to get on a run of profitablility. I played very very well tonight and honestly would have played virtually every hand the exact way which I did but still only won about $800 as I got sucked out on in some of the bigger pots! This is bound to change round but I have to actively ensure my brain is inthe right place to deal with this as it seems that it happens right at the start of every session. I'm around 3.5k down since quitting but am recovering and I was over 6k down in that period so it's going ok and all it takes is one good day!

Right some hand analysis below couple of interesting ones which I'll comment on, I haven't decided whether to post some of the shocking runner runner losses which I've had recently so will leave them out of this post but may put them in tomorrow as they have really been irritating me.

***** Hand History for Game 6083054151 *****
$1,000 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday, June 21, 15:21:22 ET 2007
Table Table 125489 (Real Money)
Seat 8 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 10: jimigold1888 ( $1,740.65 USD )
Seat 4: TiltyMonkey ( $1,027 USD )
Seat 5: uhaugaard ( $1,321.50 USD )
Seat 3: Humanity2 ( $1,296.40 USD )
Seat 8: dalassenos ( $940 USD )
Seat 9: DOUCe_sr ( $549 USD )
Seat 1: BulldogDavor ( $200 USD )
Seat 6: skouiz ( $403 USD )
Seat 2: da_grimreaper ( $400 USD )
Seat 7: ipla2mchpkr ( $955 USD )
DOUCe_sr posts small blind [$5 USD].
jimigold1888 posts big blind [$10 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to TiltyMonkey [ Ac Ad ]
BulldogDavor folds
TiltyMonkey calls [$10 USD]
uhaugaard folds
skouiz calls [$10 USD]
DOUCe_sr calls [$5 USD]
jimigold1888 raises [$10 USD]
TiltyMonkey raises [$170 USD]
skouiz folds
DOUCe_sr folds
jimigold1888 calls [$160 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 7h, 3d, Qd ]
jimigold1888 checks
TiltyMonkey bets [$430 USD]
jimigold1888 calls [$430 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3c ]
jimigold1888 checks
TiltyMonkey is all-In [$417 USD]
jimigold1888 calls [$417 USD]
** Dealing River ** [ 4s ]
jimigold1888 shows [ Kc, Qc ]two pairs, Queens and Threes.
TiltyMonkey shows [ Ac, Ad ]two pairs, Aces and Threes.
TiltyMonkey wins $2,071 USD from the main pot with two pairs, Aces and Threes.


Fun hand this one, I decided that having limped in I was going to reraise if anyone bet at the pot preflop. A pathetic raise to $20 was put in so I decided that was ridiculous and tried to represent a steal by overraising to $170. Once I've done this there is virtually no chance I'm getting off the hand at a later point so I am comitting myself (easy to do with AA). I get the call and decide that the only way to play this is to overbet each time to make it seem like I've missed and am trying to buy the pot. It worked beautifully and the lad ended up getting stacked with KQ and hitting the pair on the flop. This is a horrendous play from the KQ and got everything it deserved - only surprise was that no K spiked on the river given my recent luck.

***** Hand History for Game 6086744537 *****
$1,000 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Friday, June 22, 18:59:58 ET 2007
Table Table 126366 (No DP) (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: SIRvmvl ( $261.32 USD )
Seat 5: vindis7 ( $1,280.75 USD )
Seat 7: wojohoit ( $2,338.55 USD )
Seat 8: yhxking ( $903 USD )
Seat 9: FreddyRincon ( $940 USD )
Seat 2: TiltyMonkey ( $985 USD )
vindis7 posts small blind [$5 USD].
wojohoit posts big blind [$10 USD].
SIRvmvl posts big blind + dead [$15].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to TiltyMonkey [ Ac 8c ]
yhxking calls [$10 USD]
FreddyRincon calls [$10 USD]
SIRvmvl checks
TiltyMonkey calls [$10 USD]
vindis7 calls [$5 USD]
wojohoit raises [$30 USD]
yhxking calls [$30 USD]
FreddyRincon calls [$30 USD]
SIRvmvl calls [$30 USD]
TiltyMonkey calls [$30 USD]
vindis7 calls [$30 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5c, 6h, Qc ]
vindis7 checks
wojohoit checks
yhxking bets [$10 USD]
FreddyRincon raises [$100 USD]
SIRvmvl folds
TiltyMonkey calls [$100 USD]
vindis7 raises [$325 USD]
wojohoit folds
yhxking folds
FreddyRincon calls [$225 USD]
TiltyMonkey is all-In [$845 USD]
vindis7 folds
FreddyRincon is all-In [$575 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 9s ]
** Dealing River ** [ 2c ]
FreddyRincon shows [ Qh, Jh ]a pair of Queens.
TiltyMonkey shows [ Ac, 8c ]a flush, Ace high.
TiltyMonkey wins $45 USD from side pot #1 with a flush, Ace high.
TiltyMonkey wins $2,377 USD from the main pot with a flush, Ace high.


This one was a crucial hand for my confidence. I was $1500 down for the day going into this one and got priced into a call preflop with A8 suited. Flop came with two clubs and an easy call for $100 - was raised behind me to $325 which again is an easy call which has to be made - problem if I just call this is that I probably won't hit the flush on the turn and would have to make a $600 call to see the river which I wouldn't be getting th price for. By moving all in I am making a much stronger play which is +EV due to the pot odds I'm being offered, even if I'm called I have at least 9 outs to take the pot. I hit the flush on the river and to be honest really deserved to have something go right - I virtually never draw like thi sbut the hand kinda played itself. Had I lost my confidence would be a trainwreck right now so this was probably the single most important pot I've taken for quite a while. Anyway the only surprise is what I was called down with - QJ no clubs was an awful call in every possible way - how on earth can he think this is a good idea I really don't know. Anyway big pot, big win and really significant in the current run I've been in.

right one more before I go to sleep and this is just a shocking play from my opponent who is drawing to 1 out and commits his entire stack.

Seat 1: bryan56james ( $1,025.09 USD )
Seat 9: IHateMuney ( $985 USD )
Seat 5: roberto26333 ( $1,107 USD )
Seat 6: Arkan64 ( $423 USD )
Seat 3: MyLastMoney ( $200 USD )
mamat6666 posts small blind [$5 USD].
fgondngr posts big blind [$10 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to TiltyMonkey [ As Js ]
IHateMuney folds
bryan56james calls [$10 USD]
LoveYou77 has joined the table.
modefede calls [$10 USD]
TiltyMonkey raises [$40 USD]
Arkan64 folds
mamat6666 folds
fgondngr calls [$30 USD]
bryan56james calls [$30 USD]
modefede calls [$30 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ks, 3s, 2s ]
>You have options at Table 125489 Table!.
fgondngr bets [$50 USD]
bryan56james folds
modefede folds
TiltyMonkey raises [$200 USD]
fgondngr calls [$150 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6s ]
>You have options at Table 125489 Table!.
fgondngr bets [$80 USD]
TiltyMonkey is all-In [$711.25 USD]
fgondngr is all-In [$461.92 USD]
** Dealing River ** [ 9c ]
fgondngr shows [ 4h, 4s ]a flush, King high.
TiltyMonkey shows [ As, Js ]a flush, Ace high.
TiltyMonkey wins $169.33 USD from side pot #1 with a flush, Ace high.
TiltyMonkey wins $1,645.84 USD from the main pot with a flush, Ace high.


I deliberately overraised on the flop to show weakness and try to commit someone to the pot to call and then call a raise on turn with 44 is just suicidal. If he'd pushed on the flop I would understand a lot more as he could have felt I was weak and tried to take it down. I played it great he played it awful, not really much more to say but it still shocks me the amount of awful play you do see at the 5-10 tables. I would really expect the standard to be a lot higher but you see a lot of bad, bad play.

All from me for now, hopefully the recovery continues and I can get near my original target of $20k for the month despite my bad run. If not it's still likely to be my best ever month so I just need to keep it all in perspective and keep focussed as the cards are going to run hot and cold and I just need to suck it up when everything goes badly

Steve

Monthly profit $13,222

No comments: