Saturday 9 June 2007

Recovery

Well the disaster that was Friday has been eclipsed as I made $3500 today taking my total for the month at $5-$10 to nearly $10,000. Best hand was when I had JJ on Button and called a raise to £30 - it got repopped to $90 so I called looking to hit a J. Flop came J,10,10 with 2 clubs. Checked to me so I bet $75 hoping to represent a steal, was raised to $150 which I reraised and then the fool with KK went all in - don't really know what he can have put me on as it was an easy fold. Anyway K didn't come so I took a $2000 pot!

Am winning at 6.67 PTBB per 100 hands at the moment for June which is awesome especially when you consider that I was only going at 1.68 PTBB during May. Hopefully it is showing an overall upwards slope where I can make over $20,000 a month playing part time. I do wonder how much volume I could realistically put in if I played full time as I've logged 7,500 hands so far this month and that's 4 tabling so isn't a huge amount of time.

Also had a shot at a tournament today $320 buy in using my Party Points. I;ve decided that I'll use my points to play the larger tournaments once a week and try to improve my tourny game to go with my cash game success. I know I'm not aggressive enough in tourny's but when I'm playing so few it is hard to make decisions where you may bust out - not the optimum way to play but I'm sure I'll adapt and hopefully take down the 300k on Sunday at some point this year.

I've cashed out for $2800 this week and grown my bankroll a bit more - I'm trying to slowly move it to $25,000 but this should take a couple of months as I aim to cash out at least $2-4K a week. At least this way if I do have a bad run I can drop back down and know that I've taken a large amounts of profit out already.

I've been wondering how many players online are seeing similar success levels to me - you only really read about tournament players so apart from a few very visible online cash players like Green Plastic and SBrugby I wonder how my results stack up. Anyway sleep is calling as I've had a long day

Steve


Monthly total +$9,978

No comments: