Thursday 14 June 2007

Serious lack of control

I've really annoyed myself over the last two days, played terribly yesterday after posting and somehow won a bit. Tonight I decided that it'd be fun to call when I knew I was behind and generally donk off lots of cash. At one point after a horrible call which cost me $800 I was over 2.5k down for the evening and really depressing myself with how badly I was playing. However I managed to recover from that with a renewed sense of purpose and finally some solid play which meant that I only finished $800 or so down. It may not look good but that was fantastic considering everything I did. I'm too ashamed of my play to post any of the losing hands - I will do this in the future but I just don't want to ever see them again. Sometimes I can be really stupid and I knew what was likely to happen before sitting down to play - hopefully when I play full time this problem will sort itself as at the moment I have to fit time in and that leads to playing when I really really shouldn't. Don't think events at work put me in the best frame of mind and I need to sort myself out and not play when I feel like this.

I do worry myself when I have evenings like this as I should be smart enough to just quit or not play in the first place. Problem is that I hate having losing sessions and will continue to play when my mindset is wrong. It's something I will really have to work on in the future.

Despite all of this my figure for the month is up as pokertracker had an update today and it seems like it has now picked up some hands it had previously missed - quite a boost when you've played like something which is quite difficult in Yorkshire (this does make sense but you need to imagine what a yorkshireman would say about this) could explain further but I can't be bothered

Bad day all round: annoyed + losing = monumentally pissed off Steve


Monthly Profit $16,497

No comments: