Saturday 12 January 2008

Back to the start

It has been a very painful hour as I have been sucked out on in big pots when way ahead - when someone pushes $300 into a $30 pot when you are holding KKK you ar entitled to believe that maybe they shouldn't hit the straight! That incident made me feel a bit tilted but I continued to play well only to hit a flop of 44K when in the big blind with A4 and proceed to get someone comitted in a $800 pot only for them to hit the 8 to nail their fine hand of 48 a winner.

I am so very pissed off, I've played fine, been in winning situations and got completely screwed. Wouldn't matter if I wasn't trying to rebuild but it feels like an absolute hammer blow as my bankroll has now gone back to $3350 an I've lost 1k which I had worked so hard to gain in the first place.

Sometimes poker is a really cruel game and all my motivation and drive has evaporated as it now feels like there is just no point to the long hours and dedication I've been putting in.

It's now a long long way back especially with luck like I seem to have - I dream of the day where everything goes right as I've not had one of those for over a month now, even when I was cruising at 5-10nl my best day was nearly 2 buy-ins. I'm due some good fortune and now I'm going to have to restart and try to get my mindset straight again.


Steve

No comments: