Thursday 10 January 2008

Totally Focussed

I've had a good day. Long long session overnight of approximately 8hrs where I have made absolutely zero loose calls either pre or post flop. This has been my major problem of late and it feels good to have put in an effective and smart session of play.

By loose calls I mean absolutely any bet which I wouldn't normally call, even for a single blind. By removing these back out of my game I have saved a lot of bets and therefore when I do hit big hands or good situations my pots are all profit rather than the start of a recovery from negative positions which I have got myself into. This is how I play and this is how I win, it's not showy but it is damn controlled and it is amazing how much these small savings add up to.

Anyway I promised to maintain updates on my bankroll so that is what I am going to do, all the profits have been at 2-4nl and I'm about 2.5 buy-ins up. Hoorah for this and the positive effect it has on my mentality towards the game.

Starting roll = $3350
End Roll = $4250

Target $6500 (where I get to spend my hard earned cash on stuff I want)

The first tentative steps of recovery have been taken

Steve

No comments: