Thursday 31 January 2008

Don't feel like playing

I'v enever felt quite like this before. I almost acively want to do anything other than play poker. Not ideal when it is your occupation. I have no idea how to fix this as a winning session doesn't make me feel that much better and a losing one makes me feel that much worse. I think I'm going to take some more time completely away and see how I feel over the coming days. Not sure what I'll do with my time but anything will be better than playing.

Don't know what I want to play anymore when I am at the tables and am unconvinced by my ability at all forms of poker at the current time. I don't really know what else to say as my motivation has completely gone...

Steve

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

steve,
i told you before. if you are going to be a pro poker player , then , you have to play. i did exactly what you are doing, thinking about, and it was a huge mistake. i never gave myself a chance to even out the variance.
trust me, you have to play. i cost thousands of dollard by not playing . you are too.

good luck,
dave

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you're not in a self-fulfilling prophecy thing now? You have already decided that you're not going to like it, so you don't which reinforces that you're not enjoying it.

Stop being so critical about everything, you are a good player, you know you are otherwise you wouldn't have left work. You just need to re-convince yourself of it :)

Good luck x

Anonymous said...

steve,
have you stopped playing? what are you up to?

dave

Anonymous said...

STEVE

where are you i miss your blog :(

dominic

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

competition said...

My brother participated in a game competition but unluckily he could do well.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://dcxvssh.com]uxHrPFRpKpZRtsYN[/url] - yKGWSTdTXd - http://hhmgziigpu.com