Wednesday 30 January 2008

Poor Play, Down Day

Lost some of my gains yesterday as I played below my best and made one or two questionable decisions. However you know it isn't your day where against people with 1/3 full stack you get all in pre flop holding AA, AA and KK and manage to lose all three. I lost against 88, JT and A7 - not going to lie to you it hurts when this happens.

I would appreciate a run of fortune as despite feeling calmer and happier with things I am still having crippling doubts about whether I really really want to do this and am not coping with down swings as well as I might. I'm still finding myself prone to idiocy of various sorts and it irritates me when I do stupid things for no good reason.

Away from poker I had a vaguely productive day yesterday as I sorted out a wonky curtain rail which had been like it since we moved in (over a year ago). this involved taking everything down, moving the wardrobe, polyfilling the holes and redrilling. Easy enough you may think! However this opinion would be restricted only to those who do not know how awful I am at any sort of manual labour - when I put my flat pack wardrobe together I managed to break it in the same place twice through some fine ingenuity.

Anyway this all went well, holes sorted brackets screwed back in and it looked neat and tidy. Excellent all I needed to do was move the wardrobe back, sadly this is where the problem began. The wardrobe sits in an alcove and is very close to the edge of the bracket when pushed in - I forgot this and guess what happened?

Obviously the beautifully affixed bracket was powered out of the wall by the might of the stupid f*ing wardrobe and I had to redo it. Grrr, one day I will successfully do something around the house in one go. Odds suggest it's bound to happen one day.

Steve

1 comment:

competitions said...

Yes ! you have some bad days for your work.Some times you can't do what you want to do.