Wednesday 9 January 2008

My last 24 hrs

My day has involved a lot of poker most of it sucking. I played for about 9 hrs straight last night with small breaks and ended up winning a couple of buy ins at 2-4. Fantastic a winning session so starting today in a fine mood I have played some 2-4nl and some 2-4 omaha, first thing which happens is I lose a $850 pot where I push in as a 60-40 favourite. Great, that hurt so much as becuase I am on a shocking run of results I dwell on the fact that my bankroll goes to $3600 rather than $4400 - BIG BIG difference in terms of my mentality. I have then gone on to lose some more and hence all my good work has been destroyed.

I am so low at the moment, I have little tilt control and am letting poor results really bother me and this then leads to appalling play. So I am taking the next 24hrs of and will resume then. My play when I have bad runs is so crap and it takes ages to get back to where I want to be as I keep making things worse and dwelling on stuff. Surely I should be beyond this by now...

Depressed, fed up and not looking forward to resuming the grind at crappy low stakes where I find it harder to win

Steve

No comments: