Monday 21 January 2008

Plan of action

We'll see how long this lasts for but at least by writing it down in my blog I may feel slightly more compelled to stick to what I claim I will be doing.

Firstly I am going to switch back to omaha as I am deeply dispirited with nl holdem so a change is likely to be as good as a rest. As I'm changing to a more swingy game I'm going to play 1-2pl as money tends to change hands a lot lot quicker and this way the beats won't hurt quite as much.

Secondly I am going to enforce a schedule upon myself - no playing until 9pm and no playing past 3am. This (if I can stuck to it) will make sure that I play less when tired or disoriented and don't get up and ruin my day early on by playing bad losing poker. This will go hand in hand with my new schedule where I go to bed no later than 4am and get up no later than 12pm. This should be 11am -3pm most days with the odd exception. Hopefully by stopping myself from wasting entire days playing it will encourage me to do something positive with my life away from the tables. The starting point of which will be buying and reading the paper every day so it gets me out of the house, albeit briefly, and gets my mind thinking about other things.

Thirdly I am going to go and play some live poker in the UK. I'm going to go to Dusk till dawn at some point later on this week which will again forrce social interaction with people even though it will still be at a poker table.

Right that's the plan, it was the plan when I got up this morning and thought 'hey I know what'd be a good idea I'll play some poker despite being obviously tired'

Not only that but I had blocked myself from party so set up a new account at mansion to play - boy am I smart. Obviously I lost as it was just a stupid stupid idea, Maybe I'll stop doing these things soon, never know eh.

Anyway I'm going to try this and impose a regime upon my unwilling body and it should hopefully coincide with an upturn in fortune due to a happier mentality.

Steve

No comments: